It's been twenty years since Sara Evans' 'Restless' album burst onto the country music scene.
To celebrate its 20th anniversary, Sara and her team at MTheory and Sparkart planned a tribute concert at the legendary Ryman Auditorium. The special twist? The entire show was live streamed straight from her Shopify store, inviting fans from around the globe to join in the celebration while also fueling Sara's online sales.
For this event to be successful, the team needed a platform that could do more than just stream the concert. They needed something that could:
- Host the concert and repurpose the recording in their store
- Sell virtual tickets
- Serve as a hub for her merchandise
Having collaborated successfully with Single on several projects, Sara’s team knew Single offered just the right tools for the job. Using Single's Live Stream solution for Shopify, the team transformed Sara's online store into a digital concert venue.
This integration offered:
- A unified fan experience: Fans were able to purchase a ticket, snag some merchandise, and instantly enjoy the concert - all in one place.
- A surge in sales: Consolidating concert and merchandise sales on one platform led to a noticeable rise in online sales.
- Increase fan loyalty: Fans who purchased a ticket could also receive a signed poster - a special memento that deepened their engagement and loyalty to Sara.
To generate excitement, Sara’s team announced the virtual celebration on her social media channels. They posted teasers and launched a countdown to the concert, stirring up fan excitement for the concert.
When the day arrived, fans from around the world logged into Sara's Shopify store to catch her live performance. The concert was a huge hit, with fans enjoying the ease of watching the show and shopping for Sara's merchandise all in one place.
To make the occasion even more memorable, she was presented with an invitation to become a member of the Grand Ole Opry by the Opry's longest-serving member, Country Music Hall of Famer Bill Anderson.
After the Show
The concert may have ended, but the experience didn't. The livestream stayed up on Sara's Shopify store for a few more days, giving fans an opportunity to replay their favorite moments and new viewers the chance to catch what they missed.
Sara's 20th anniversary celebration of 'Restless' was a demonstration of the power of virtual concerts and the versatility of the Single platform. The event helped foster a deeper connection between Sara and her fans and drove shop sales.
Here are some key takeaways:
- Hundreds of fans from across the country flocked to her store to tune into the virtual show.
- The event added a flood of new mailing list contacts, eager for future updates and promotions.
- Last-minute promotions drove a sales spike the day of the show.
Get started on your own:
Install Single in your Shopify store.
New to live streaming?
Read our guide for everything you need to get started with streaming live from your Shopify store here.
Want to start your own Fan Club or do a Live Shopping Stream? Our professional services team frequently partners with clients to help brainstorm ideas, build websites and more.