EFFECTIVE DATE / Last Updated: Feb.13, 2023
This Policy describes how Single Media, Inc. (“Single”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collects and uses information about you through the websites, applications, and services where it is posted, including our online interactions with you (our “Services”). Our Services provide creators, artists, and other companies and customers of ours with certain digital tools, products, and offerings. These customers of ours operate their own third-party websites, applications, platforms, and services. These third parties have their own independent privacy practices and policies. This Policy does not cover the privacy practices of these third parties.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy or our practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Single collects and stores some or all of the following categories of personal information about you, depending on how you interact with us through our Services:
- Identifiers and contact information, including your name, mailing addresses, country and region information, phone numbers, and email addresses. On some Services, we may also collect a username and password, if you create one. We also collect business contact information from our customers, including a name, title, company name, company contact information, and information about a corporate or professional website.
- Purchase information, if you make a purchase through our Services. This may include the product, content, or items you purchased; your order number, date, and history; your billing and shipping address; your cryptowallet address information; and information about your product, delivery, or shopping preferences.
- Audio, visual, or similar information, including music, digital content, photos, and videos submitted, hosted, or sent through the Service.
- Device, Internet, or other network activity information, including an IP address, device identifiers, cookie and session identifiers, and information about the device, platform, operating system, and browser you are using. We look at what site you came from and what site you visit when you leave our Service. We also look at how you use our Service, including how often and when you visit, how much time you spend using the Service, the areas of our Service you use the most, the pages you visit, the content you view, and your language preferences. This might also include search terms or other data you enter, mouse movements, keystrokes, clicks, links you access, or screen captures. If you use an app-based Service, we may collect information about where you downloaded the app, how you interact with it, and how often you use it.
- Location information, including your general location, using your ZIP code and IP address.
- Other information you submit or send, including information you provide when you contact us, make a request, complete a survey, or ask us for information about specific Service offerings and solutions.
- Inferences we may draw about you, such as your interests, your preferences, and your characteristics using the pieces of personal information collected about you.
Some of this information, including usernames and passwords, may be considered “sensitive” under the laws of certain jurisdictions. Whether information is sensitive information will depend on the laws of your jurisdiction.2. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We collect each of the categories of information described above from the following sources, depending on how you interact with us and the Services you use:
- We collect information directly from you. We collect information directly from you to provide Services to you. We also collect information from and about you when we are a providing Services to another company, such as a creator or customer of ours.
- We collect information from you and your devices passively. We use tracking tools like browser cookies, web beacons, pixels, and tags. We do this when you interact with our Services, our ads, and emails that we send to you. We collect information about users over time and across sites when you use our Services. We may have third parties collect information this way. For example, we may use Google Analytics. Learn more about these tools and how you can control them in the “Your Choices” section, below.
- We receive information about you from other companies. Our customers and industry partners give us information about you. If you are using a Service through Shopify, then Shopify may provide us with information about you. If you enable third-party plugins and integrations we make available from Spotify, YouTube, Deezer, and others on your account through the Services, these third parties may provide us with information about you and your content. Social media platforms may also give us information about you.
- We combine information. We may combine information that we get from another party with information we already have. We may also aggregate your information with other users’ information to understand preferences and trends over time.
We use each of the categories of personal information described above as permitted by law and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide you with Services. We use your information to create and make digital content available for purchase. We also use information to verify purchases and provide chart reporting on behalf of our customers. We use information to present content through the Services, including personalizing the Services. For example, we may recognize you when you return to a Service or store your preferences. We also use information to maintain the Services and keep them functional. This includes administering our systems, debugging, and troubleshooting.
- To communicate with you. We use your contact information to communicate with you about your purchases and provide you with purchased items. We also use your information to respond to or facilitate your requests, questions, and feedback. We may communicate with you about the Services, your account, our relationship, this Policy, or our Terms.
- To evaluate and improve our Services. We use your information to analyze how our Services are used and whether users are interacting with or interested in certain content, features, areas. We also use information for statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses. This includes estimating audience sizes, analyzing usage patterns, and providing insights to you and to our customers. We measure and monitor user traffic to evaluate how the Services perform. We use information this way to understand how users interact with our Services, to make our Services better, to make updates, and to customize your experience with us.
- For marketing. We use your contact information to provide you with communications about new content, features, improvements, and updates. Learn more about your choices for these communications in Section 5, “Your Choices”, below.
- For targeted advertising, cross-context behavioral advertising, and interest-based ads. We and our third-party advertising partners display targeted advertising, cross-context behavioral advertising, and interest-based advertising using device, network, and other activity information and inferences from cookies and tracking tools gathered over time and across websites, apps, and platforms. Targeted advertising includes ads we and our partners think are relevant based on your browsing habits, purchases, location, or online activities. The ads can be about our Services or other companies’ products and services. These ads can be served on websites, on social media, in apps, and in emails. We and our third-party partners gather this information about you from the cookies, pixels, tags, web beacons, and other tracking tools described in this Policy. Our third-party partners might link your name or email address to other information they collect. Learn more about these third parties in Section 4(f), below. Sharing your information in connection with these advertising activities may be considered a “sale” or “targeted advertising” as defined under certain privacy laws. Learn more about your choices for this kind of advertising in Section 5, “Your Choices”, below.
- For verification. We use personal information to verify your identity if you make requests under this Policy. The verification steps and the pieces of personal information that we request or use may vary depending on the sensitivity and nature of your request.
- For security purposes. We use information to detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or Terms, or that may be harmful or illegal.
- To meet our legal obligations and enforce our rights. For example, we use information to enforce contract rights, including for billing and collection.
We also use information as otherwise permitted by law; for other purposes we describe at the time we collect your information; or for other purposes with your consent. We use sensitive personal information for reasonably expected purposes to provide you with Services (i.e., to provide login functionality), in connection with your requests, and as authorized by law. We may use de-identified or aggregated data for any purpose, unless prohibited by law. We do not attempt to re-identify de-identified data, except as permitted or required by law.4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share each of the categories of personal information described above with the following other entities:
- Within the Single corporate family, including with our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- With our vendors and service providers, including companies that help us send emails and notifications, manage content, host our Services, provide security or customer service, and assist with IT support. We share information with these entities to deliver requested information, to provide our Services to you, and to fulfill our contractual obligations. For example, we may store some of your information on servers that are owned and operated by our hosting services provider.
- With third-party plugin providers, at your direction. If you enable certain third-party integrations and plugins through the Services, you may direct us to share information with the third-party provider to use those services. For example, we use APIs provided by Shopify, Spotify, YouTube, and Deezer to provide you with certain services. These entities have their own privacy policies and terms.
- With creators, customers, and other business partners to whom we provide Services. We share information with customers and partners of ours where you are using our Services to interact with and purchase items from these entities. These entities may send their own marketing communications to you based on your interactions with them.
- With music chart companies and other chart reporting entities. We share information with these entities to track music sales, popularity, and performance.
- With advertising partners for their marketing purposes. We share information with third-party advertising partners though tracking tools on our websites. We may also share email addresses or other contact information with third-party partners so they can serve our advertising on their platform. These third-party partners include social media platforms, analytics companies, data brokers, and third-party advertisers. Personal information received by these companies may also be subject to their privacy policies. These third parties may also share your information with others. These third parties may use the information for their own marketing purposes or the marketing purposes of others. This may include the delivery of targeted advertising and cross-context behavioral advertising. Learn more about your choices for this kind of advertising in Section 5, “Your Choices”, below.
- To protect Single or other persons, or to meet our legal obligations, including sharing with government agencies, investigatory bodies, and with law enforcement or authorities in response to requests or to cooperate with investigations. We will share information to respond to a court order or legal process, including to a subpoena, and in connection with security, fraud, or safety matters, to investigate illegal activities, to enforce contractual rights, or to defend or pursue legal claims.
- To any successor to all or part of our business, including if Single sells, transfers, merges, consolidates, reorganizes all or any part of its business or assets, or if Single merges with, acquires, or forms a joint venture with any other business. Information may be among the assets transferred to a prospective buyer, new owner, or other third party involved.
We may also share information for other reasons we may describe to you, with your consent, or as otherwise permitted or required by law. We may share de-identified or aggregated data for any purpose, unless prohibited by law.5. YOUR CHOICES AND YOUR U.S. STATE PRIVACY RIGHTS
You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails. To stop receiving our marketing emails, use the “unsubscribe” link found in each email you get from us. Even if you opt out of marketing emails, we will still send you transactional messages. These include responses to your requests and questions.
If you live in Colorado, you have certain privacy rights. If you live in Colorado, you (or your authorized agent) can send us requests to access, correct, or delete personal information by email at email@example.com. You can also review and change your personal information by logging into your account, if you have one, and visiting your account profile page. When exercising the right to access personal information, we will provide it in a portable and (to the extent technically feasible) a readily usable format. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request and verify your identity by email. If you have an authorized agent submit a request on your behalf, we may still verify your identity and their authority to submit a request for you. For deletion requests, please note that your information may not be deleted in its entirety from our systems, and some information may be kept to comply with legal exceptions or obligations. We may also keep an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. Finally, if you live in Colorado, you can appeal our decision if you are not satisfied with the outcome of your request. Please send appeals directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Attention: Privacy Appeal” in the subject line. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of the rights outlined in this Policy.
You can opt-out of sale / targeted advertising on our Services. You may request to opt out of the “sale” of your personal information, as well as certain types of “targeted advertising” on our Services (as these terms are defined under applicable laws and as described in Sections 3(e) and 4(f)). Your request will be processed and fulfilled in accordance with applicable laws. To make a request, click Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information / Opt-Out here, or in the footer of our Services.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California “Shine the Light”. If you live in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email us at email@example.com. Please indicate in your email subject line that you are a California resident making a “Shine the Light” inquiry.
If you live in California, you have the right to make the following more specific requests with respect to your personal information. We will not discriminate against you for making any of these requests.
- Know / Access – You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories of personal information we collected about you, the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information, the categories of personal information we sold or disclosed, our business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing the personal information, the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed the personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- Deletion – You can request that we delete your personal information that we maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- Correction – You can ask us to correct inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you.
- Opt-out – You can request to opt-out of the sale or sharing of your personal information by visiting our Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information page. For purposes of this Policy, “sell” means the sale of your personal information to an outside party for monetary or other valuable consideration, and “sharing” means any disclosure of personal information (renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means) to third parties for cross-contextual behavioral advertising purposes; in each case, subject to certain exceptions under California law. Your selections are specific to the device, website, and browser you are using, and are deleted whenever you clear your browser’s cache.
- Financial Incentives: From time to time, we may offer financial incentives in connection with the collection or use of personal information. The material terms of the financial incentive will generally be presented to you at the time you sign up. You may withdraw from any financial incentive at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We may collect and use, for our business and commercial purposes, the following categories of personal information as set forth in applicable California law: Identifiers; payment information; Internet or other electronic network activity information; audio, visual, or similar information; commercial information; professional information; inferences; geolocation data; and inferences. For more information, see Section 1.
Please note: The rights offered to residents of California and Colorado may not apply to personal information collected by Single as a service provider on behalf of customers of ours. Where you are providing information directly to a customer of ours, or to another third party through a Service, please contact that third party regarding your privacy rights. If you are a representative of a Single partner and you need to submit a request on behalf of one of your customers or consumers, please send an email to email@example.com.
OTHER OPTIONS FOR COOKIES AND TRACKING TOOLS
You can control certain cookies and tracking tools. As noted above, our Service allows you to manage certain cookie preferences by clicking Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information / Opt-Out here, or in the footer of our Services. Your browser or device may give you the ability to control cookies or other tracking tools. How you do so depends on the browser. The following links offer instructions for certain browsers: Chrome; Firefox; Internet Explorer / Edge; Opera; Safari. To control flash cookies, you can go here, because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings. The Digital Advertising Alliance offers tools to opt out of certain interest-based advertising by visiting https://optout.aboutads.info/ and https://optout.privacyrights.info. To opt out of tracking of analytics by Google, go to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. If you block or reject cookies and tracking tools, certain features on our Services may not work, and not all of the tracking describe in this Policy will stop.
Our Do Not Track policy: Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. We will respond to opt-out preference signals to the extent required by law for your browser or device, but we cannot link this information to your account and we do not respond to “do not track” signals. Certain options you select are browser and device specific, and are deleted whenever you clear your browser’s cache.6. SECURITY
We use standard security measures, but the Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our Services will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords.7. RETENTION PERIOD
We will retain information for as long as it is reasonably needed or permitted in light of the purposes for which we collected it. We also retain information as required by law. The criteria we use to determine our retention policies include the length of our relationship with you, your requests, your continued use of our Services, ongoing obligations such as contracts and services, and our legal obligations.8. CHILDREN
Our Services are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect, sell, share, or disclose personal information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and think your child has given us personal information, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this Policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.”9. DATA TRANSFER
Information we maintain is stored in the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your information to the United States. Our Services are subject to US laws, which may not afford the same level of protection as laws in your country.10. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
We may link to third-party sites or applications, or have third party services on our Services that we don’t control. If you click on a third-party link or enable a third-party integration to our Services, you may be taken to a platform we don’t control. Read other companies’ privacy policies carefully. We are not responsible for these third parties.11. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
From time to time, we may change our privacy practices. We will notify you by email of any material changes to this Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated version on our Services. Please check our Services periodically for updates.12. CONTACTING US
For any questions or concerns you have about this Policy, please email us at email@example.com.
You can also write to us or call at:
Single Media, Inc.
2713 Greystone Rd.
Nashville, TN 37204
© 2023 Single Media, Inc. All rights reserved.